The Golf Professional/Clubhouse Manager plans, directs, coordinates, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive golf and clubhouse programs for their assigned golf facility. Responsible for achieving revenue goals while providing exceptional guest experiences and developing growth of the game. Responsible for planning, staffing, training, and monitoring of services and facilities for optimum efficiency cost effectiveness, cleanliness and safety to maximize the services and experiences provided the golf patron.
- Supervises the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, supervision and evaluation of seasonal and part- time employees. Maintains and controls pro shop staff work schedules, payroll, and other personnel/human resource records. Provides leadership and training to assigned employees through planning, and prioritizing work assignments. Assures a consistent flow of communication and information in a manner that will assure a clear understanding of golf course and clubhouse needs while promoting sound teamwork, customer service and problem resolution.
- Plans, develops and manages the clubhouse budget; coordinates budget expenditures. Develops, supervises and coordinates requisition of services, materials and supplies. Assures complete compliance with Cleveland Metroparks cash collection and control procedures.
- Oversees/coordinates for a number of special projects as indicated in the annual work plan. Gathers information, analyzes data, solicits input from other golf staff, makes recommendation and completes projects according to timetable. Projects include but are not limited to: merchandise, Golf Academy, staff recruitment/training, Pace of Play, Technology (Point Of Sale), and summer camps.
- Manages the golf shop(s). Responsible for merchandise display, point-of-sale promotion(s) and inventory control. Monitor and manage all the golf stock merchandise and operating supplies to ensure adequate levels.
- Plans, promotes, coordinates with Golf Professional/Instruction, Golf Course General Manager and Special Events Manager, and conducts a balanced program of leagues, outings, and golf tournaments. Oversee tee time reservation procedures. Enforce all safety regulations and golf course rules of play. Coordinates with other staff to assure public safety to golf course user.
- Coordinates with the Golf Professional/Instruction, Golf Course General Manager and Special Events Manager, plans, promotes, implements, instructs/conducts and evaluates the comprehensive programs of golf instruction. Organizes and develop junior golf program.
- Develops, promotes, and supervises driving range operations. To ensure quality equipment and supplies are available for patron use and range ball cleaning & retrieval equipment are maintained in good working condition. Coordinates the maintenance and care of equipment/tools.
- Ensures that regular communication exists and is encouraged between clubhouse and turf staff in order that issues, including public comments, are discussed, special requests and set-ups are communicated in a timely fashion and construction plans/aerification schedules etc. are understood. Communicates key information to the public as needed, personally or through clubhouse staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree, Bachelor degree preferred, in Business Administration or related field or e quivalent
- Possession of Class "A", Professional Golfers Association of America, or LPGA card with a minimum of three years of related golf experience
- Past experience as Head Professional or First Assistant, LPGA or PGA active card carrying member.
- Must be capable of achieving monthly sales goals.
- Understands the nature of the golf business, including seven day a week operations. Position will work weekends, holidays and varied shifts.
- Possess a strong business background, including knowledge of operating Point of Sale systems, Excel, Word and other programs.
- Well versed in all aspects of teaching the game of golf from entry level, beginning, juniors and advanced players. Able to instruct a diverse range of golf programs.
- Focused on providing exceptional guest experiences.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of golf course and clubhouse operations
- Demonstrated ability to direct and coordinate multiple activities
- Demonstrated initiative to research, develop and implement services and programs to enhance player development and revenue
- Demonstrated management skills, including communication, visioning, problem solving and the ability to analyze diverse facts, and develop clear concise reports/recommendations
- Must have a good driving record (less than six (6) active points on driving records at the application stage of the hiring process) and possess a valid Ohio driver's license.
- Must be a non-smoker/tobacco user.
DATE POSTED: 1/10/2017
FILING DEADLINE: 1/24/2017
FULL SALARY RANGE: $47,984 - $71,976/Annually. Typical Hiring Salary: $47,984 - $59,980/Annually.
TO APPLY: Your c over letter must clearly explain how your skills and experience align with the above job qualifications.
E-mail rA©sumA© referencing position #16162
Cleveland Metroparks is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and talented workforce.